Perfect Prawn Cocktail Stack Recipe
If you fancy a prawn cocktail but want to change it a little bit, why not create a nice prawn cocktail stack? They taste amazing and can look pretty impressive when served as a nice starter.Print
Prawn cocktail to be is a nice traditional starter but I wanted to give it a little twist. This recipe combines the tastiness of crab and prawns which I feel works great. Positioning the dish in a stack also gives it a little different and fresh look.
- 1 Pack of prawns (Peeled/Cooked)
- Cooked crab meat or crab sticks (Cooked)
- 2 avocado peeled
- Salad to garnish
- Tomato Ketchup and mayonnaise
- Place your avocado into a bowl and using the backend of a fork press it down to break it up into small bits. You could use a blender but you don’t want it to become to liquidy
- Place a metal stack ring on the plate and half fill with the avocado and press down
- Put the prawns and crab into a bowl and repeat the process with the fork
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the prawn and crab mixture onto of the avocado and press down
- Remove the metal ring and you should have a nice stack
- Place a few salad leaves around the plate
- Add a couple of prawns to the top of the stack
- Mix a couple of spoons of mayonnaise and ketup together and place this on top of the stack
One of the best things with this starter is how quick and simple it is to make, perfect if your busy making a 3 course meal and want something that you can either prepare earlier or one that will take very little time. If you are not a fan of crab then this can be missed out and simply made from prawns.
Alternatively you can also make these with tuna if you are not a fan of prawns or crab. Although id be tempted to replace the avocado with cucumber. To add that little extra flavour id be tempted to squeeze a little lemon over the prawns or leave the wedge on the side for others to do this based on their taste.
If you do give it a go, let me know how you got on below in the comments – id love to know! 🙂