The combination of the egg and avocado is great and by using a poached egg, you can enjoy the yummy yolk.Print
Avocado and egg make the perfect combination, even more so when that yummy golden yolk pours into the avocado. The great thing about this recipe is that its not only easy to make, its quick and tastes excellent.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Half Of Bruschetta
- 6 Cherry or Vine Tomatoes
- Start by making the poached egg (here is a good guide: )
- Whilst the egg is cooking place spoon out the avocado into a bowl
- With the back of a fork or a potato masher, mash the avocado. Your looking to mush it all up but still have lumps
- Grate the lemon peel over the avocado and squeeze the juice of the lemon. Give it all a stir to combine the lemon
- Spoon the avocado onto the top of the bruschetta and spread.
- Once the poached egg is done, place this on top of the avocado
- Sprinkle some pepper over the egg
- Serve with some cherry or vine tomatoes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 508
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 312mg
- Fat: 37.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrates: 38.3g
- Fiber: 12.4g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
Keywords: Avocado, Egg, Tomato
Avocado and Poached Egg
One of the things that might put people off this recipe is the poached egg, but they are really not as hard as you might think. There are some great techniques to do them easily, such as this one.
This method simply uses cling film that is placed over a small dish with an egg cracked into it. You would then lift the clingfilm out of the dish, tie it and then place it into boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
Whilst the egg is poaching you want to spoon out an avocado and place this into a bowl. Now take either a fork or a potato masher and give the avocado a really good mash. Mush it down into your chosen consistency, however you do want some lumpy bits still.
To add a little flavour and to help keep the colour in the avocado, you want to add some juice from a lemon. I also like to grate in some of the zest from the lemon, along with a couple of pinches of pepper.
Spoon the avocado mixture onto one slice of bruschetta, you then want to spread this with a knife so that it is completely covered. By now the egg will either be done or close to being done, place it onto the avocado and sprinkle some more pepper over the egg.
I then like to serve this with some shaved parmesan and some vine tomatoes.
Hi, my name is Martyn and I consider myself an Amateur Chef. I love everything about food and this was the main reason I started this blog, to showcase that passion. I started this blog in 2014 with an aim to showcase tasty recipes, restuarant reviews and useful cooking tips and tricks.
Even though I do consider myself an Amateur, I have continued to develop my skills in the kitchen. I am self taught but I do also take part in a number of cooking courses to help learn something new.
Live To Eat, Don’t Eat To Live