Sometimes there is nothing better than comfy food, to me a nice burger and chips is the ultimate comfy food.
The problem is some of the burgers that you can buy are just not as tasty as a nice homemade ones, not only that but can often be high in fact content.
Here is a nice homemade beef burger recipe that tastes incredible!Print
I love a good burger, store brought ones tend to be full of water though. These homemade beef burgers taste incredible and have a high meat content
- 750 g Good quality beef mince (5% fat)
- 1 whole Onion
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Glaze
- Handful of parsley (Chopped)
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until fully combined
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls of the same size
- Press them down to shape them into burgers
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan
- brush both sides of the burger with oil or Fry-light if going for slimming option
- Cook on both sides to ensure its fully cooked
Once the burgers are cooked they would go perfectly on some nice fresh cobs, some salad and a nice batch of sweet potato chips! If you want a nice seasoning for sweet potato chips, check out the recipe – how to make sweet potato chips
I would probably be tempted to cut the onions slightly smaller but better texture as well as potentially add some cheese to give it that extra taste/binding. All in all this is a great recipe and perfect for a nice weekend lunch or even an evening meal when time is a little limited.
Planning a BBQ? Why buy burgers? It takes very little time to make you own and you can really experiment with different flavours! I know in the summer I am going to be a little adventurous, I wouldnt mind trying pork and apple burgers or even lamb and mint….yummy!!
I hope this Homemade beef burger recipe helps you make some incredible burgers, please comment below to let me know how you got on! 🙂
[useful_banner_manager_banner_rotation banners=9,10,11,14 width=468 height=60]