Quick and Easy Balsamic Pork Loin Steaks
I love a good pork dinner and one evening I made pork but wanted to give it a little extra taste, so decided to marinate it for 30 minutes. I love the taste of balsamic and combining this with a bit of lime and chilli flakes, it really lifts the flavour of the pork and makes it incredible.
The marinade is actually pretty easy to make and even though I would recommend marinating it for a few hours, you can still get a lot of taste from it from only 30 minutes. The first thing I would recommend is getting some nice thick pork loin steaks, ideally get it from your butcher or local farm shop to support local business.
The follow recipe was enough for 3 thick pork loins, you may need to adjust slightly depending on the amount and size of your pork loin steaks. In a bowl place 2 tbsp of oil, 4 tbsp of balsamic glaze and give this a good stir together. Add the zest of one lime as well as the juice of one lime, put in a good tbsp of red dried chilli flakes and again give it a good stir.
Place the pork loin steaks in the mixture and then turn over to give the other side a quick coating. Pop these in the fridge and leave them for 30 minutes at least, turning them after 15 minutes has passed. You could leave these for longer to intensify the flavour even more, just remember to continue turning them so both sides get an equal amount.
When ready remove from the fridge and place in a baking tray and cook for 30-40 or until cooked on 180 degrees/gas mark 4. It’s important to check that they are cooked prior to serving so depending on the size of the pork, you may need to adjust the timings.
Make sure you continue to turn the pork whilst it’s cooking. I would recommend cooking the Balsamic Pork Loin Steaks with a nice bit of mash potato and a nice selection of vegetables…yummy!! With the balsamic flavour though, it would also go well on a bed of rice or noodles.Print
Pork can sometimes be a little dull and boring, it doesn’t have to be with this marinade! The balsamic glaze gives it a nice sticky sweet flavour, where as the lime and chilli flakes help to give it a good balance.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp of balsamic glaze (not vinegar)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp dried red chilli flakes
- 3 Pork Loin Steaks
- In a bowl add the oil and balsamic glaze and give this a stir until its all combined
- Add the zest of 1 lime as well as the juice of 1 lime and combine this with the red chilli flakes
- Stir to ensure everything is fully mixed together
- Add the pork loin steaks and then turn over to ensure both sides have been coated
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate, ensure you turn the pork over half way through
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees/gas mark 4
- Place the pork on a oven proof dish and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked
- Make sure to turn the pork over during cooking to ensure both sides are nicely cooked.
- Serve with mash potatoes or chips along with seasonal vegetables and enjoy!
Hi, my name is Martyn and I consider myself an Amateur Chef. I love everything about food and this was the main reason I started this blog, to showcase that passion. I started this blog in 2014 with an aim to showcase tasty recipes, restuarant reviews and useful cooking tips and tricks.
Even though I do consider myself an Amateur, I have continued to develop my skills in the kitchen. I am self taught but I do also take part in a number of cooking courses to help learn something new.
Live To Eat, Don’t Eat To Live