Chocolate And Marshmallow Cookies
I love a good cookie, they make a perfect snack. My favourite type of cookies are nice and gooey ones. This chocolate and marshmallow cookies recipe is perfect, they are easy to make and are perfectly gooey.
I originally was going to just make them marshmallow cookies but I wanted to add a few chocolate chips, giving it some additional flavour.
These chocolate and marshmallow cookies use a combination of light brown sugar and golden caster sugar. I think this gives it a nice golden colour and also adds to the sweetness of the cookies. The recipe uses plain flour and baking powder to help it rise, you could use self raising flour as an alternative.
The first thing to do is to preheat the oven at 180 degrees, before putting the cookies in you want the oven to be nice and hot and to reach the top temperate. In a bowl add the sugars and the butter. You want to beat this until it’s combined and creamy. I would recommend dropping the butter in as small cubes as this will be easier to cream.
Add the egg to the cookies by beating it into the mixture. Sieve the flour into the bowl along with the baking powder. Stir it all fully until its nice and combined. Drop in around 50g of chocolate chip cookies and a good 3 handfuls of marshmallow. Continue to stir everything to ensure the chocolate chips and marshmallow has been fully mixed in.
Finally its time to cook the chocolate and marshmallow cookies!! With a teaspoon you want to take a spoonful and place it on a baking tray that is covered in parchment paper. Make sure you leave a good space between as the mixture will spread down and outwards. You could make the cookies even smaller by getting a smaller spoonful….might help make them last longer!!
Pop them in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are nice and brown. The centre will still be a little soft but once cooked take them out and leave them for 5 minutes. In this time the chocolate and marshmallow cookies will harden. Remove from the tray and put them on a wire rack to fully cool.
Enjoy as a snack or with a yummy glass of milk!
Chocolate and Marshmallow Cookies
Chocolate and Marshmallow cookies – easy, yet incredibly tasty marshmallow cookies. Amazing and very gooey – perfect snack!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 Cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- 150 grams Butter (softened to make it easier to cream)
- 100 grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 80 grams Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 1 whole Egg (Large)
- 225 grams Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 grams Chocolate Chips
- 3–4 Handfuls Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl cream the butter and the two sugars
- Add the egg and beat to combine
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the bowl and combine
- Add the chocolate chips and marshmallow to the bowl and mix until fully combined
- With a teaspoon take the cooking mixture and put onto a papered baking tray. Keep them spread apart to ensure the cookies don’t spread and touch each other
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edge and soft in the middle
- Take out of the oven and leave to harden for 5 minutes
- Take off the tray and put on a wire rack to fully cool.
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 19.2
- Sodium: 46
- Fat: 6.2
- Saturated Fat: 3.6
- Carbohydrates: 34.3
- Fiber: 0.6
- Cholesterol: 33.3
Hi, my name is Martyn and I consider myself an Amateur Chef. I love everything about food and this was the main reason I started this blog, to showcase that passion. I started this blog in 2014 with an aim to showcase tasty recipes, and useful cooking tips and tricks.