I gave this coconut slice recipe a go as I was in the mood to make more snack type of foods. I love the taste of coconut and found some desiccated coconut in my cupboard.
The recipe for these coconut slices requires jam. It is up to you which flavoured jam you use. I decided to use raspberry and blackcurrant as find these go well with coconut. Luckily I had just had a delivery of homemade jam from my dad and my father in law.
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees, so that it’s nice and warm when you put in the coconut slices.
Coconut Slice Recipe
In a bowl add butter, 100g caster sugar, flour and give this a mix until everything is combined. You could do this with a food processor, I tend to just use my hands and get stuck in.
I then add a couple of tablespoons of desiccated coconut. I find that this adds a nice coconut flavour to the base as well as on the top.
Separate the egg white from the yolk and drop the yolk into the bowl. Give it a good mix until it forms a dough.
Line your slice tin(s) with baking paper.
Coconut Slice Base
Pour the dough into a slice tin. I used 2 tins that were 20cm by 20cm. You may only need to use one if you have one that is bigger. Spread the dough across the bottom to form the base of your raspberry coconut slices.
The base I made was roughly 0.5cm thick. Put it in the oven on the middle shelf and let it cook for around 10 minutes or until the base is golden brown. Once cooked take it out and allow it to cool completely.
Pour the jam over the top and use a spoon to spread it around the base. I like nice thick jam that is not to runny as this helps get a nice thick layer of jam on the coconut slice.
Raspberry Coconut Slice Topping
In another bowl add the remaining sugar and desiccated coconut. Beat the egg and add this to the bowl and give everything a good mix until fully combined. Pour this on top of the jam and spread it out.
I had to put spoonfuls in each corner of the slice tray and the middle. It will be much easier to spread around and cover all the jam.
Put this back in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the top is nice and golden brown. Believe me the smell is incredible!!
Take it out of the oven and put it to one side until it is fully cooled. If its not fully cooled then it is harder to slice it. Once cooled take it out of the tin and slice into squares…tuck in and enjoy!
I love this raspberry coconut slice recipe. Its pretty quick to make and also very easy to do. They taste incredible and make the perfect snack to grab if feeling a little peckish during the day. Give these coconut slices a go, if you do like them please comment below.
I would also really appreciate it if you share this coconut slice recipe to your friends.
This Raspberry Coconut Slice Recipe is perfect for a quick and easy snack. The coconut slice taste excellent and can be made with any jam flavour…
Coconut Slice Base Ingredients
- 125 grams Butter
- 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 150 grams Plain Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
Coconut Slice Topping Ingredients
- 240 grams Jam (Optional on flavour)
- 120 grams Caster Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 100 grams Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- In a bowl place butter, sugar, flour and desiccated coconut, give it a good stir until all is fully combined.
- Separate egg white from the yolk and add the yolk to the bow.
- Mix together to form a soft dough
- Line a slice tin and pour the dough into the tin and spread so there is an even layer. This will form the base. Spread until roughly 0.5cm depending on how thick you want the base to be.
- Bake the base for 10-15 minutes or until the top of it is golden brown.
- Once cooked leave to one side until the base has cooled down.
- Add the jam to the top of the base and spread it out to cover the entire base.
- In a bowl add the remaining sugar and desiccated coconut, give it a good mix. Add 1 egg and stir until fully combined.
- Spread this coconut mixture over the top of the jam and cover until all of the jam is covered.
- Put back into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is brown
- Once cooked take out and allow it to cool and then take out of the slice tin and slice into squares.