This Raspberry Coconut Slice Recipe is perfect for a quick and easy snack. The coconut slice taste excellent and can be made with any jam flavour…
Coconut Slice Base Ingredients
- 125 grams Butter
- 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 150 grams Plain Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
Coconut Slice Topping Ingredients
- 240 grams Jam (Optional on flavour)
- 120 grams Caster Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 100 grams Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- In a bowl place butter, sugar, flour and desiccated coconut, give it a good stir until all is fully combined.
- Separate egg white from the yolk and add the yolk to the bow.
- Mix together to form a soft dough
- Line a slice tin and pour the dough into the tin and spread so there is an even layer. This will form the base. Spread until roughly 0.5cm depending on how thick you want the base to be.
- Bake the base for 10-15 minutes or until the top of it is golden brown.
- Once cooked leave to one side until the base has cooled down.
- Add the jam to the top of the base and spread it out to cover the entire base.
- In a bowl add the remaining sugar and desiccated coconut, give it a good mix. Add 1 egg and stir until fully combined.
- Spread this coconut mixture over the top of the jam and cover until all of the jam is covered.
- Put back into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is brown
- Once cooked take out and allow it to cool and then take out of the slice tin and slice into squares.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: English