I was recently offered a sample of Granola from a new start up company Great Little Grains, they released their range under the brand Sown & Grown. I took up the offer as I do like Granola and love the idea that it is made from 100% British grains as well as being made in small batches and ensuring it is high in nutrients. All of the muesli and granola comes package in a unique tube which contains 450g, the unique tube takes up less space in the cupboard whilst also has an air tight lid to ensure the contents stays fresh.
What’s In the Apple and Blackcurrant Granola?
The Granola that I received crunchy oats and wheats along with pumpkin seeds, almonds and linseeds. These are all coated with honey to give them a extra bit of sweetness, they are then baked in batches. Chopped apples and blackcurrants are then added. Rach and I both enjoy a bowl for breakfast from time to time and also enjoy adding it to yogurt for a nice tasty dessert, so we have tried a number of brands in the past. I found this Granola to be very crunchy and the addition of the honey gave it an incredible sweetness which really added to the taste. I also found the apple and blackcurrant to taste really fresh and didn’t taste artificial like some of them have that I have had in the past. There are a number of different flavours available;
- Nuts and Seeds – featuring almonds, brazil nuts, pumpkin and linseeds.
- Three Grain – wholesome mix of barley, spelt and oats with almonds, linseeds and pumpkin seeds
- Mixed Berry and Nut Muesli – Oats, wheat, barley, spelt and rye combined with brazil nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, sultanas, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
- Four Grain Muesli – mixture of oats, wheat, barley and spelt which has been combined with sunflower oil and pumpkin seeds.
- Apple & Raspberry muesli – nice mixture of oats, wheat, barley, spelt and rye. This is combined with raspberry, apple, sultanas and pumpkin seeds.
If you are interested in trying any of the Granola or Muesli then the Sown and Grown collection can be purchased from Sainsbury’s. Each tube costs £3.95 for 450g, which roughly works out at 11 servings if each serving was 40g. As I said granola is a perfect and tasty breakfast as it releases energy slower so you stay fuller for longer. I also find it can make a really tasty dessert, below you can see a recipe for a nice and light dessert using Sown & Grown. Find out more about Sown & Grown from their official website – http://greatlittlegrains.co.uk/launch-range/
- 400 g of yogurt
- 4 Tablespoon raspberry coulis
- Hand full of Granola
- Put 100g of yogurt into a glass
- Place half a hand full of granola on top of the yogurt
- Top with 2 tablespoons of raspberry coulis
- Add 100g of yogurt on top
- Top with the other half of the Granola