A few weeks ago I made a apple and rhubarb crumble. I had half a bag of rolled oats so wanted to make something with them. I therefore decided to make some form of oat bars. They taste great and make a perfect snack or even a quick dessert.
When deciding on flavours I wanted to have a couple of fruits and not just the one. It’s important to match the fruits. Ones that don’t go well together can really ruin the oat bar.
I already had apples so this was going to be the first fruit. The second fruit I decided to add was some homegrown strawberries, you could go for store brought but if in season you really should try and make grow some of your own.
The first thing I did was prepared the fruit. The apples needed peeling, coring and then chopped into 1cm cubes. The strawberries were then quartered to be roughly the same size. If you do have big strawberries you may want to cut them a little smaller.
I then preheated the oven at 180 degrees and placed some parchment in a square tin.
In a bowl add the flour, sugar, oats and butter. Get your hands stuck in there and continue to mix with your hands. You want to continue mixing it until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Empty ⅔ of the crumb mixture into the square tin and press down into the sides and corner. Press this down firmly to form the base of the oat bar. Sprinkle in the apples and strawberries to make sure it’s covered in fruit.
Next add the remaining crumble mixture and press down to make sure all fruit is covered.
Pop in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes, or until cooked.
When cooked take it out of the oven and put onto a wire wrack to cool.
As I said before this Strawberry and Apple Oat bar recipe is perfect as a snack bar. It does also make a really nice dessert. Just add some cream, custard or ice cream to it and enjoy!
Strawberry And Apple Oat Bar Recipe Video
Below is a video of these Oat Bars, please subscribe for more videos.
I do hope you liked this recipe and I would love to hear your thoughts on the comments below. If you do have a friend that would like this strawberry and apple oat bar recipe, please share it.Print
Strawberry And Apple Oat Bar Recipe
These strawberry and apple oat bars tasted incredible. They make a perfect snack bar or a dessert. Both quick and easy to make
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: English
- 2 Apples (peeled and cored)
- 20 strawberries (Cut into quarters)
- 50 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 120 grams Plain Flour
- 150 grams rolled oats
- 120 grams Butter
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- Peel and core the apples
- Cut them into cubes of roughly 1cm
- Quarter the strawberries
- In a bowl add the flour, sugar, rolled oats and butter
- Give everything a mix until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Pour ⅔ of this into a square tin that has been covered with parchment
- With your hands spread mixture out to make sure it’s covered the bottom.
- Press down with hands to form the base of the oat bar
- Sprinkle the apples and strawberries over the top
- Add the remainder of the crumble mixture and again press down to make sure all fruit is covered
- Put in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.