Cottage Pie comfort food with this Slimming World cottage pie recipe, it is even healthier. With additional ingredients peas and sweetcorn its even better.
- 500g Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Onion
- Handful of Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 100g Frozen Sweetcorn
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 200g Pasatta
- 2 tbsp Mixed Spice
- 1kg Potatoes
- 200g Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 150g Low Fat Cheese
- Peel and cut potatoes into halves or quarters depending on their size. Put into a saucepan and cover with water. Place on the heat and cook until soft and a fork can pass straight through.
- In a large pan spray fry-light and put in chopped garlic and red onion (or white if you prefer) Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Put in the minced beef and cook until browned
- Add the chopped carrots and sliced celery, stir it all and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir the peas and sweetcorn into the mixture and allow to cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Roughly chop the spinach and stir this into the mixture
- Add the can of chopped tomato, passata and tomato puree, mix all of it with herbs and spices.
- Leave to cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees
- Drain the potatoes and add fat-free Greek yogurt and mash down into a smooth mashed potato.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof dish, spread the mashed potato over the top and sprinkle low-fat cheese over the top
- Put it into the oven and cook until the top browns
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 385mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 60.4g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Protein: 33.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg