Paprika Parsnip Soup
This paprika parsnip soup makes the perfect soup for the winter months. The parsnips give it a nice sweet flavour, where the paprika gives it a nice kick to warm you up.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 People 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: English, Starter
- 1 glug oil
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 1 whole Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 litre of Vegetable stock
- 500 ml milk
- 7 Parsnips
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- In a saucepan heat the oil and butter until the butter has melted
- Add the onions and garlic and stir
- Cook until the onions are soft and translucent
- Pour in the vegetable stop and the milk, stir to combine
- Chop 6 of the parsnips into 1 inch pieces and put into the saucepan
- Cook until the parsnips are soft
- Peel the remaining Parsnip into crisps and place on a tray
- Sprinkle with salt and put into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees.
- Cook the parsnip crisps until brown and crispy
- Remove crisps from the oven and place on the side to cool
- Once parsnips in the soup are soft, use a hand blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add 2 tsp of smoky paprika and stir until all fully mixed in
- Spoon soup into bowls and sprinkle paprika on the top
- Garnish with the parsnip crisps and serve
Don’t worry if you think the milk is curdling or separating from the oil. When you use the blender it will mix it all together.