Vegetarian Cottage Pie
If you are looking for a nice, filling vegetarian meal then this vegetarian cottage pie is perfect. Its full of flavour, easy to do and doesn’t take very much time at all. This recipe does include Quorn mince, however if you don’t like Quorn then it can be made without it as well. I would recommend giving it a go though as the additional herbs and spices really make it tasty.Print
I dont tend to eat too many Vegetarian meals, something I am trying to change. I did have dinner guests and one of them was Vegetarian so decided to make this nice cottage pie, it was a great success. I found the greated carrrots really added something nice to the dish and even though I used Quorn you could easily make it without.
- 1 bag of Quorn mince
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 Grated Courgette
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Small tin of tomato puree
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 6 potatoes
- 1 bag of grated cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- Pre heat your oven at 180C or Gas Mark 4
- Place the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and peppers until the onions are translucent
- Stir in the carrots and courgette and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Peel and cut the potatoes and place in a saucepan to boil
- Add the Quorn mince and stir until fully mixed. Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes
- Add the tinned tomatoes, puree, sweet corn and butter beans along with a mixture of herbs
- Allow this to simmer for another 10 minutes
- Once everything is soft and cooked place it into a casserole or baking dish.
- Mash the potatoes with some butter and milk and place the mashed potatoes on top
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top, I like to add more so I get a nice crispy top
- Place in the oven for around 30-40 minutes, until the top is nice and brown and its bubbling around the sides
I actually preferred this vegetarian cottage pie to its meat counter part as it had so much flavour, the carrot and courgette along with the beans and sweetcorn really made it delicious. I combined it with some sweet potato chips, which are not only healthier then normal chips they taste amazing!
Let me know if you make this vegetarian cottage pie and what you thought of it in the comments below
Hi, my name is Martyn and I consider myself an Amateur Chef. I love everything about food and this was the main reason I started this blog, to showcase that passion. I started this blog in 2014 with an aim to showcase tasty recipes, restuarant reviews and useful cooking tips and tricks.
Even though I do consider myself an Amateur, I have continued to develop my skills in the kitchen. I am self taught but I do also take part in a number of cooking courses to help learn something new.
Live To Eat, Don’t Eat To Live