You cannot beat a Full English breakfast on a Saturday morning, even more so when you have a full day of jobs to do. A good breakfast can really set you up for the day, the downside though is if you are trying to either watch your weight or lose some weight like me a full English is not the best thing for the diet.
With the Slimming World diet it is possible to have a nice full english breakfast and not worry about eating something you shouldn’t, it’s all about how is cooked.Print
Slimming World Full English Breakfast
Who doesnt love a full English, the calories however sometimes puts people off! This Slimming World Full English allows you to enjoy the dinner without the guilt!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 People 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: English
- 1 Tin of beans
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 8 small mushrooms chopped half
- 8 bacon medallions
- 6 low fat sausages
- 4 Eggs
- 3–4 handfuls of spinach
- Pre-heat oven at 180C
- Cover a baking tray with foil and cover in fry light
- Place the bacon and sausages on the baking tray and place in the oven
- Put 1 saucepan of water on high eat until simmering
- Put 2 saucepans on medium eat and place beans and tomatoes in each one
- Finally put a 4th pan on a medium heat and put in the spinach and chopped mushrooms
- Once the water is simmering in the first pan drop in eggs to make poached eggs
- Continuing stirring the beans, tomatoes and spinach whilst cooking
- Once everything is cooked you want to plate up and enjoy!!
The first thing you need to do is ensure you don’t use any oil and as little fat as possible. If you do need oil then you want to replace this with fry light. You also want to keep the meat fat content to a low if you’re going to have sausages then you want low fat ones, bacon should have the fat trimmed off so it’s only the medallions.
When making I cover a baking tray with foil and spray fry light on it and then put the sausages and bacon on the tray and again spray with a bit of fry light. Place this in the oven at roughly 180C and leave to fully cook. Whilst the meat is cooking you then want to put a pan on water on to boil as we will be using this for the poached eggs (although you could fry eggs but again make sure you use fry light!).
As well as the water you then want to place two more pans one with beans and one with chopped tomatoes. Finally you want to get a large pan and put a few sprays of frylight, this saucepan is for the spinach and some chopped mushrooms. This will all take around 20-30 minutes but continue cooking until everything is cooked completely.
Once the water has boiled for the eggs create the poached eggs, if you’re not comfortable doing it – check out a great method on making poached eggs here. Once you have plated up you only have to enjoy!!
I’d love to know what you think about this meal, please comment below and let me know how you get one! 🙂