I know what you might think of the recipe title, Scallops, Strawberries AND Chocolate?! The strawberries gives it a hint of sweetness, whereas the dark chocolate ads a little bitterness. This recipe makes a very tasty and interesting appetizer, something to really shock and hopefully impress your dinner guests.
- 6 Scallops
- 4 strawberries finely chopped
- ½ Lemon Zest
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 20g Dark chocolate (70% Cocoa)
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worchester Sauce
- In a bowl mix together the chopped strawberries, zest of ½ a lemon and the juice of 1 Lemon. Set aside until later
- In a saucepan heat the Balsamic Vinegar and Worchester Sauce until it simmers.
- Take off the heat and stir in the chocolate until it has fully melted and is smooth.
- Add a dash of oil into a saucepan.
- Season the scallops and place into the saucepan for two minutes.
- Add some butter and then flip the scallops and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- TO SERVE: Position 3 scallops onto a plate, top with a spoon of strawberry salsa and drizzle on the chocolate sauce
- Category: Appetizer
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 16.7g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: Scallops, Strawberries, Dark Chocolate