Sausage and Mash Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 potatoes peeled and quatered
- 1 Apple peeled (cored and cut into cubes)
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil
- 6 Sausages
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 50 ml milk
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees
- Put quartered potatoes into saucepan of salted water along with the cubed apple and heat on a medium heat until potato is soft
- Heat olive oil in pan on a low to medium heat and add the onions.
- Cook the onions for 20 minutes, stir often to ensure they don’t stick
- Place the sausages into the oven and cook until fully cooked, turning a couple of times
- Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar to the onions and continue to cook for another 15 minutes, remembering to stir often.
- Once sausages are cooked, take of the heat to rest for 10 minutes
- Once cooked drain the water from the potatoes and add the milk and butter, mash with a potato masher until smooth
- Divide the mash between 2 plates, add the sausage and top with the onions.
- Cover with a little gravy if desired.