Chips go with many dishes but replacing your white potatoes with sweet potatoes is not…
Mexican Sweet Potato Discs
Mexican Sweet Potato Discs Recipe
I love making canapés whether its for a dinner party or to take into work, something about finger food that I just love. Its great being able to try different canapés and to me they always look amazing.
I found this canapé here and I am glad I did, they are amazing! 🙂
This Mexican Sweet Potato Discs are perfect as they look great with the variety of colours but also taste amazing.
A nice thing about doing this as one of your canapés is that it is really simple to do and doesn’t take very much time at all
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Fajita Spice Mix
- Soured Cream
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to roughly 180C
- Peel your sweet potatoes and chop it into thin discs, roughly the thickness of a 50p
- In a bowl put 2 table spoons of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of fajita spice mix and combine together
- Toss in the sweet potatoes discs and with your hands make sure all of them are covered with the mixture
- Place on a baking tray and put into the oven until they are roasted
- Take out of the oven and allow to fully cool
- Place a spoon of guacamole, salsa and soured cream on each on. Rotate which goes on first to give them a variation in colour.
Optional: You could add a little sprinkling of grated cheese on top
Let me know what you think of these in the comments below 🙂