If you have been making your own pizza then you know it is a lot more tasty than store bought or fast food. The same is true for the sauce. If you have not yet learnt how to make tomato sauce for pizzas, this recipe is perfect.
It is incredibly easy to make a tomato sauce for your pizza. Once you have, you will not go back to using store bought.
In a saucepan you want to heat up some oil and add some chopped onion and garlic. I then added some fresh basil leaves and gave everything a good stir. The basil leaves gives it some additional flavour and really makes a big difference.
Once these have sweated down a little, I then added two tins of chopped tomatoes. You could use whole plum tomatoes but I find the chopped ones save time and doesn’t have as many seeds in it.
I continued to cook the sauce for 20 minutes until it was nice and hot. Once cooked I added a small tin of tomato puree. This helps to thicken it as well as added some additional flavour. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for flavour and take off the heat.
Allow the tomato sauce to cool before putting onto the pizza base.
I hope this recipe has helped teach you how to make tomato sauce for pizza. It really is not that hard and can add so much flavour to your pizza’s.
How To Make Tomato Sauce For Pizza RecipePrint
Wanting to learn how to make tomato sauce for pizza? This recipe is perfect. Its incredibly easy to make and this pizza sauce tastes excellent!
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Whole Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 5 Leaves Basil (Fresh)
- 2 Tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tin Tomato Puree
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the saucepan and allow to sweat for 5 minutes
- Add the basil and continue to cook until onions are translucent, make sure you stir often
- Once ready add the two tins of chopped tomatoes until heated through, around 20 minutes.
- Strain the onion, garlic and basil. Mash down the tomato with a metal spoon to get all of the juice back into the saucepan.
- Add the tin of tomato puree and stir to fully combine with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to fully cool before using on your pizza.
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 13.7
- Sodium: 241.1
- Fat: 4.1
- Saturated Fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 25.2
- Fiber: 6.3
- Protein: 4.6
- Cholesterol: 0