This recipe was an adaptation to a chocolate truffle recipe that I saw online and wanted to change it. As I was doing this as one of the desserts for Valentine’s Day, I wanted it to be a little bit more romantic.
I was very happy with the outcome, they tasted an amazing and would recommend giving them a go. They were that nice, I made another batch the day after and took them to work!
Home Made White Truffle Ingredients
This would roughly make 9 truffles, depending on the size of them (you may get more if you do them a bit smaller)
- 50g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of White Chocolate – broken into chunks
- 3 Table Spoons Of Double Cream
- 2 Table Spoons Of Rose Wine/Champagne
Method To Make Home Made White Truffles
- Place the double cream and butter into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat, until it is bubbling.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and put 100g (half) of the white chocolate into the saucepan.
- Continue to stir until the chocolate has fully melted
- Add the Rose Wine/Champagne and continue to stir to fully mix together
- Pour into a shallow baking dish and cool in the fridge until soft – normally between 2-3 hours.
- Divide the mixture up into individual balls and place on the baking tray and leave for around 30 minutes to set.
- Melt remaining 100g of chocolate and leave to cool
- When chocolate has cooled but still melted, dip each ball into chocolate and place back onto the tray.
- Sprinkle any decoration you may want to add (I used edible dried rose petals)
- Place back into the fridge to set
- Eat and enjoy!!