Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
I have been getting into making some homemade pizza’s over the past couple of weeks and thought id give a Vegetarian Pizza a go. This recipe was somewhat of a mash up of different things that I like on a Pizza that don’t include meat, and what I thought would go well together.
This homemade vegetarian pizza recipe comes with 6 toppings, the combination of all of the toppings actually work really well and the pizza tasted amazing, The pineapple and sweetcorn gave it a nice fresh taste, adding some additional sweetness to the pizza.
For the pizza dough I followed the recipe that I used for my Fajita pizza (http://amateurchef.wpengine.com/dining-alfresco-fajita-pizza/) I love this recipe for the pizza dough as its incredibly simple to do and I find it tastes very nice.
Once you have your pizza base ready for the toppings add the tomato puree and spread with the back of a spoon to ensure its spread across all of the base. Cover the puree with grated cheese, I would recommend getting a nice fresh cheese and grate it yourself as it really does make a difference. I then evenly spread out all of the toppings around the pizza to ensure its all fully covered.
I did start with the courgette, added the red pepper, onions, mushroom, pineapples and then finally the sweet corn. Once happy pop it in the oven until it’s fully cooked, this will normally take 20-30 minutes depending on the heat of the oven. I used a pizza stone to the cook the homemade vegetarian pizza, I would recommend them as it gives a nice even bake.Print
This vegetarian pizza is full of tasty vegetables such as courgette, pepper and the addition of pineapple gives it a nice Hawaiian kick.
- 1 Tin of tomato puree
- 200 g grated cheese
- Half courgette sliced
- Half red pepper cut into cubes
- Half red onion chopped
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 2 pineapple rings sliced into cubes
- Half tin of sweetcorn
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- On your base place the tomato puree and spread evenly around the base with the back of a spoon
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pizza to ensure it all has a even amount of cheese
- Slice the courgette so the thickness is around that of a pound coin and dot these around the vegetarian pizza
- Cut the red pepper into cubes and scatter these about along with the slice onion
- Add the sliced mushrooms and pineapple
- Finally sprinkle around the sweetcorn
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked in the centre