Rach and I don’t have fish very often so wanted to make some nice dishes which included fish, this salmon dish is perfect. If you like salmon fillet that’s been well marinated then this is perfect for you, it is also very quick and easy to make.
The first thing you want to ensure you have is a couple of good quality salmon fillets, it’s worth getting them from a fishmonger or the fresh fish counter at the supermarket. In a bowl you want to put 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of honey and give this a good mix together.
Deseed and finely chop 1 red chilli and add these to the mixture along with 1 chopped garlic clove and the zest of 1 lime. Again give all of this a good mix to ensure the marinade is fully mixed together.
Put the salmon fillets into a oven dish and pour the marinade over them and set aside for at least 30 minutes. Half way through the salmon marinating its once turning them to ensure they are completely covered.
Pre-heat the oven on grill at a medium heat In a large saucepan you want to place the spinach along with the chopped mushroom, 2 chopped garlic cloves, lime zest and tablespoon of dried chilli flakes.
This then wants a really good stir to ensure all of the ingredients are mixed well with the spinach and allow this to cook. Halfway through cooking you then want to add the sesame oil to give it some additional flavour. Its now worth adding the rice on the hob in a saucepan of boiling water and allow this to cook as you are waiting for the spinach and salmon to continue cooking.
Place the salmon on a baking tray along with the marinade and the tomatoes on the vine, this then wants to go into the oven. Leave the salmon to cook for 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
Plating The Grilled Salmon and Spinach
Once everything is cooked you want to plate up. Separate the spinach and place the grilled salmon on top, place the tomatoes that should still be on the vine to one side and then spoon the rice onto the plate.
ENJOY! I have cooked this dish a few times now, it is very quick to cook and is also very easy to do. The salmon is full of flavour and even though it has a decent amount of chilli it is not very hot or spicy, it just adds an additional depth of flavour. If you try it, please let me know what you think in the comments 🙂Print
Grilled Salmon and Spinach
Grilled Salmon can taste really nice but is sometimes a little bland. This marinade really gives it a nice flavour and is incredibly easy to do
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Seafood/Fish
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons dark soy
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 red chilli finely chopped and deseeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- Bag of Spinach
- 1 tablespoon of dried chilli flakes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 6 Button Mushrooms chopped
- 12 tomatoes on the vine
- Basmati Rice
- In a bowl place the dark soy, honey, red chilli, juice of lime and 1 garlic clove that has been finely chopped and mix together
- Place the Salmon fillets in a dish and pour the marinade on the salmon fillets and set aside for roughly 20-30 minutes
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat
- In a large saucepan place the spinach, chilli flakes, Zest of a lime and the chopped mushrooms and cook on a medium heat until spinach has fully wilted down and the mushrooms are fully cooked.
- Half way through the spinach cooking place the sesame oil into the pan and stir into the spinach
- Place into the oven the salmon fillets with the marinade and the tomatoes still on the vine and cook for 12 minutes or until cooked. Turn the salmon fillets over halfway through cooking.
- Plate the spinach and place the salmon on the top and serve with the tomatoes and basmati rice