I have wanted to learn how to poach an egg for some time now, I…
Egg Benedict Recipe
Egg Benedict Recipe.
Eggs Benedict is usually my go to breakfast if at a hotel or restaurant if I don’t fancy a full english, when done right they can be amazing!
The problem I find sometimes when I have egg Benedict is that too much vinegar is used so it has more of a vinegar taste than actual egg!
Many people shy away from following an egg Benedict recipe as they believe poaching an egg is to hard to do, it really doesn’t have to be.
If you have not done so already, check out this How to poach an egg guide;
There is a video below that will also show you how to do it.
Egg Benedict Recipe
I have written up the egg Benedict recipe which can be seen further below, if you would prefer to watch how it is done take a look at the periscope video that I did recently.
This recipe will assume you are making 2 egg Benedicts
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 English Muffin
- Pack of Scottish Salmon
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Fill a saucepan with water to put on the heat
- Get a ramekin dish and cut a square of clingfilm to place into the ramekin dish
- Put a tsp of olive oil into the ramekin dish and spread around the entire dish
- Crack an egg into the ramekin dish and then pick up the sides over the dish and tie together
- Repeat the above for the 2nd egg
- Once the water is shimmering add the eggs and leave in the water for 3 1/2 - 4 minutes depending on the temperature
- Whilst the eggs are simmering away cut the muffin and put the two half into a toaster
- Butter the toasted muffin and add equal amounts of salmon on each one.
- Once eggs are done, take out of the water and cut away the clingfilm.
- Put the egg on top of the salmon, sprinkle a little pepper and then top with hollandaise sauce
If you are looking for a fairly quick and easy egg Benedict recipe then I hope this is exactly what you are looking for. If you do have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment below 🙂