I enjoy baking and haven’t done any for some time, I came home from work one day and fancied baking a cake. I looked in the cupboards to see what we had and spotted a bag of cranberries and walnuts, I therefore settled on a loaf cake.
Once I had weighed out all of the ingredients I placed the flour, sugar, baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda into a ball. I mixed these together and then combined this with the cranberries and walnuts. I mixed these enough so that all of them were well covered with flour.
I then put 200 ml of tropical juice into a bowl, I thought tropical juice would make a nice addition to the cranberries. With the juice I mixed the egg, once all mixed together I poured this into the bowl with the flour. Once everything is mixed together I poured this into a loaf tin that had been greased to ensure the cake doesn’t stick when cooked.
The cake went into a preheated oven and left it to cook for roughly 50 minutes, its important to make sure the middle is fully cooked so putting a skewer in and checking that it comes out clear is the best way to check.
When it is cooked take it out and allow it to cool in the tin for 15 minutes or so, once cooled place on a wire rack to let it cool fully. I was originally going to leave it as this but wanted to add a little extra so made some icing based on the pack instructions.
I placed this over the top and then sprinkled some cranberries over the top. Slice and serve to friends and family, believe me they will enjoy it! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below 🙂Print
Cranberry & Walnut Cake
Walnut cakes are really nice but having the cranberries gives them a little extra sweetness. The cake itself is nice and light
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8 People 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 250 g Flour
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- teaspoon ½bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g Dried Cranberries
- 100 g Walnuts chopped
- 1 Egg
- 200 ml Tropical Juice
- Icing Sugar
- Spare cranberries for decoration
- Pre-heat your oven at 180C
- Grease a loaf tin that’s 9×5 inches
- In a bowl place flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
- Mix this together and mix in the cranberries and walnuts
- In another bowl you want to add the egg and tropical juice together
- Once mixed together pour this onto the flour mixture and stir until its all blended together
- Pour mixture into the loaf tin
- Bake in the oven until skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool further.
- Once cooled mix the icing sugar and put this onto the top
- Sprinkle the remaining dried cranberries on the top