I love cookies, they make an excellent snack and are even better with a nice cold glass of milk 🙂
I was initially going to make these with just the cranberries but decided to add the chocolate chips as I find they add a little extra chewiness to the cookies, which I personally love.Print
Love a good cookie and a glass of milk, these cranberry cookies add a nice bit of sweetness
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 2 g Baking Soda
- 180 g unsalted butter
- 220 g Light Brown Sugar
- 100 g White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 100 g Chocolate Chips
- 150 g Dried Cranberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 165 degrees
- Sift the flour and baking soda into a large bowl and put to one side
- Place the butter, light brown sugar and white sugar into another bowl
- Mix these three ingredients together until all the sugar has blended with the butter
- Drop the egg and egg yolk into the sugar mix and continue to mix until it has become lighter and creamier
- Combine the flour and baking soda that you previously put through the shift and mix until it has all mixed together and no flour is remaining.
- Drop in the chocolate chips and cranberries and continue to stir until all of it is well w=covered wth the cookie mixture.
- Put 1 tsp of mixture onto baking trays that are covered with parchment. Leave roughly 2-3 inches gap between cookie mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly cooked. Remove and leave to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes and then place on wire rack to fully cool.
Detailed Cranberry Cookies
Pre-heat the oven at 165 degrees. The first step is to get yourself two bowls, and sift the flour and baking soda into one of these bows. You don’t need to combine the two as they will be mixed together later. Get the second bowl and put in the butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
Ideally you want the butter to be fairly soft as this will make it easier to mix the 3 ingredients together. Give these a good mix with a wooden spoon so that all sugar grains are combined with the butter and it’s smoother in consistency.
Beat the egg and additional egg yolk into the mixture and continue to beat until the cookie mix has become lighter and creamier. Next get the bowl of flour and baking soda and combine this with the cookie mixture, continue to stir with the wooden spoon until it is fully combined. Once all the flour has been mixed into the cookie dough you then want to pour in the chocolate chips and cranberries.
Continue to mix these in with the wooden spoon until they have been fully combined with the cookie dough. Cover a baking tray or two with non stick parchment paper. You then want to use a heaped teaspoon with cookie dough mixture and place this onto the parchment paper, ensuring that you leave roughly 2-3 inch gap between each cookie.
I use teaspoons as when these are cooking the mixture does spread out, using too much will cause them to mix together and lose their shape. Cook these in the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes until the sides have become lightly brown, you can cook for longer and this will make them crunchier.
Once cooked take them out but leave them on the tray for 5 minutes to fully set, allow them to fully cool on a wire rack. Due to the amount of mixture you may need do multiple batches. These cookies make the perfect snack but can also make a nice gift if you package them up. Let me know what you think of them in the comments below!
Hi, my name is Martyn and I consider myself an Amateur Chef. I love everything about food and this was the main reason I started this blog, to showcase that passion. I started this blog in 2014 with an aim to showcase tasty recipes, restuarant reviews and useful cooking tips and tricks.
Even though I do consider myself an Amateur, I have continued to develop my skills in the kitchen. I am self taught but I do also take part in a number of cooking courses to help learn something new.
Live To Eat, Don’t Eat To Live