This Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe is somewhat adapted to other recipes I have seen online, taking peoples comments and past attempts and making some changes. Some recipes suggested the addition of granulated sugar and lowering the amount of brown sugar, I did however find these a little too sweet.Print
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Cookies to me are a very comfy snack, you cannot beat having a nice cookie in the evening with a glass of milk. These cookies I feel are perfect as they are not too sweet that they are sickly but at the same time they are very light.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25 + 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 160 g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100–200 g Plain Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 190C, 170C if a fan oven or gas mark 5
- Line at least two/three baking trays with non-stick baking paper
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until creamy (it works those arm muscles!!)
- Beat in the egg and the additional egg yolk
- Sieve in the flour and add the bicarbonate of soda and mix with a wooden spoon
- Once mixed add the chocolate chips and stir well
- Place teaspoon sized mounds of the mixture onto the baking tray (ensure they are well spaced apart)
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size, take them out when they are brown on the edges but slightly soft in the middle
- Leave these on the tray for a few minutes as they will harden and then place on cooling racks.
I left out the salt as never understood why it was added and didn’t have any vanilla essence so left this out as well 🙂 I found that the addition of the extra yolk helped to bind them a little more, giving them a great crunch when biting into them.
I did only add 100g of chocolate chips and even though every cookie had some, I would suggest adding the full 200 if you like more of them. You could even alternate it by adding other things in replace of the chips such as nuts, white chocolate fudge etc. This Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe is incredibly simple and takes very little time to do, yet the results taste amazing!
Let me know in the comments how you get on with yours! 🙂