Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a perfect soup for in the winter months. The stilton gives it a nice cheesy flavour to the soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery stick
- 1 Leek
- 1 Potato (Medium)
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 l of Vegetable stock
- 1 Broccoli head
- 160 g of Stilton
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan
- Finely chop the onion and add this to the saucepan
- cook the onions on medium heat until they are soft
- Slice the celery, leak and dice the potato. Add these to the saucepan
- Add the knob of butter and stir until its fully melted. Once melted cover with a lid
- Cook this for roughly 5-10 minutes and remove the lid
- Add the vegetable stock and the large parts of the broccoli stalk
- Cook for 15 minutes so that all the vegetables are soft
- Once soft add the rest of the broccoli and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Put everything into a blender and blend it up until its smooth.
- Finally break up the stilton and add it to the soup. Stir it until most of the soup has melted.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: English