Broccoli and Stilton soup is perfect for those cold days and I find it perfect for a dinner party. The nice thing about this soup is that it doesn’t take very long at all to make and contains a good amount of vegetables.
I didn’t always like stilton, in fact when I first tried it I absolutely hated it. Now its a different story, whether its because I have had it more or because my taste buds have changed as I got older.
Stilton for me now is a must whenever I have a cheese board, so adding this into soup is perfect.
Broccoli and Stilton Soup RecipePrint
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a perfect soup for in the winter months. The stilton gives it a nice cheesy flavour to the soup
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: English
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery stick
- 1 Leek
- 1 Potato (Medium)
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 l of Vegetable stock
- 1 Broccoli head
- 160 g of Stilton
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan
- Finely chop the onion and add this to the saucepan
- cook the onions on medium heat until they are soft
- Slice the celery, leak and dice the potato. Add these to the saucepan
- Add the knob of butter and stir until its fully melted. Once melted cover with a lid
- Cook this for roughly 5-10 minutes and remove the lid
- Add the vegetable stock and the large parts of the broccoli stalk
- Cook for 15 minutes so that all the vegetables are soft
- Once soft add the rest of the broccoli and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Put everything into a blender and blend it up until its smooth.
- Finally break up the stilton and add it to the soup. Stir it until most of the soup has melted.
Serve the broccoli and stilton soup warm and even add some salt & pepper to season nicely.
Give it a try and let me know what you think of it below in the comments 🙂