I love sorbet and wanted to end the meal with a bit of wow, so I looked through my collection or recipe books. I came across Adam Handlings book and found the perfect dessert that I wanted to try. This desert is not directly the same but inspired from If your interested in his book, take a look at my review here(insert link)
* 4 Rhubarb Sticks
* 4 Apples – I would recommend Granny Smith
* 5 Tablespoons of Sugar
* Pure Apple Juice
* Green food colouring
1) Remove the Apple Skin, Core and cut into roughly 1 cm cubes
2) Put Apples into a saucepan along with Sugar and Apple Juice
3) Boil until apples are soft
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool
5) Put into a food processor until its a puree
6) Strain mixture into a small container and mix in Green Food Colouring to give it a nice green colour
7) Place in freezer
8) Once frozen blend to a puree and then return to freezer
1) Cut the Rhubarb into roughly 9 cm
2) Peel skin off
3) Place into a container and cover with grenadine
4) Leave for at least 2 hours
5) Place in Oven at 160c/Gas mark 3 for 15-20 minutes or until soft
I placed 4 of the Rhubarb onto the plate and then placed the Apple Sorbet on top. I then surrounded this with broken biscuits and some poached apple.Continue reading
I have made skewers a number of times and they continue to be one of my favourite meals, not only are they tasty but they are also perfect for those that are dieting! As I have started eating more slimming world meals, it made sense to share a few of these.
Even though they are slimming world, it doesn’t mean there is not taste. That’s why I like the diet you can still eat most things but just in moderation.
These skewers can be made with a range of meat, Beef, pork or chicken – whatever takes your fancy!
They can be cooked in the oven, grilled or if you are experiencing a nice sunny day – why not stick them on the BBQ.
I also like them as you can have them as a lunch time snack with a bit of salad or try adding some sweet potatoes chips and salad for a evening meal.
Serves: 6-8 Skewers
NOTE: This is the amount of ingredients I normally use, may vary depending on how many you wish to make and the size of them.
Make sure you check the meat is fully cooked before serving.
Feel free to comment below on what you think about this dish and don’t forget to let me know how it goes if you make them! 🙂Continue reading
I love vegetables, they go amazing with a wide variety of meats. The problem I sometimes find is simply roasting them can be a little dull, this honey roast vegetables recipe is perfect for adding a little something extra to them!
First thing you need to do is get yourself the vegetables that you want to roast, I would recommend the following;
There are many others that could be added but I find these work great together!
Honey Roast Vegetable Ingredient List
It depends on how many you are cooking for, I always tend to make too much.
How Do You Make It?