I have made skewers a number of times and they continue to be one of my favourite meals, not only are they tasty but they are also perfect for those that are dieting! As I have started eating more slimming world meals, it made sense to share a few of these.
Even though they are slimming world, it doesn’t mean there is not taste. That’s why I like the diet you can still eat most things but just in moderation.
These skewers can be made with a range of meat, Beef, pork or chicken – whatever takes your fancy!
They can be cooked in the oven, grilled or if you are experiencing a nice sunny day – why not stick them on the BBQ.
I also like them as you can have them as a lunch time snack with a bit of salad or try adding some sweet potatoes chips and salad for a evening meal.
Serves: 6-8 Skewers
NOTE: This is the amount of ingredients I normally use, may vary depending on how many you wish to make and the size of them.
- 500g of meat (chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Courgette
- Wooden or Metal Skewers
- Any seasoning required
Method To Make Skewers
- If using wooden skewers soak them in water as if they go in dry there is more chance of them burning.
- Cut meat into roughly 2 cm/1 inch cubes
- Season/marinate meat and leave to one side
- Chop courgette into 1 cm slices and then half these
- Cut the onion and pepper into squares
- Once meat has been marinated and skewers have soaked put meat and vegetables onto the skewers. Making sure you have one of each before starting again with the first makes them look great and unified!
- Pop into the grill, BBQ and cook until meat is done. You will want to rotate a number of times to ensure all sides are equally cooked.
Make sure you check the meat is fully cooked before serving.
Feel free to comment below on what you think about this dish and don’t forget to let me know how it goes if you make them! 🙂