This recipe is an adaptation of the recipe that can be found at All Recipes UK
This serves 2 people
- 6 Scallops
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 230ml Double Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Pesto
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 6 Asparagus
- Place Double Cream into Saucepan with crushed Garlic and the Pesto.
- Heat up the double cream, ensuring not to allow it to boil, continue to stir
- Place the Asparagus in a saucepan of boiled water to blanch.
- Once the Pesto sauce is hot, place the butter in a frying pan until melted
- Cook the scallops on one side for 1-2 minutes and then cook on the other side for the same amount of time or till fully cooked.
- Place the cooked Asparagus on the plate, place the scallops on the centre and then drizzle over the sauce….yum!!
This starter makes an excellent beginning to a nice romantic meal or perfect for a group.
When cooking I would always recommend using good quality scallops that have been sourced from a farm shop or fish monger.
The scallops I used where from EatFish, they are sourced directly from Scottish fisherman and sent direct – nice and fresh! 🙂
Wine Pairing With Scallops in Pesto and Garlic Sauce
The wine I selected when creating the Scallops was a white wine with a hint of citrus as it helped bring the sweetness of the buttery scallops out. Perhaps look for something like a Sauvignon Blanc.
I would recommend the following wines from Majestic Wine;