Mexican Sweet Potato Discs Recipe
I love making canapés whether its for a dinner party or to take into work, something about finger food that I just love. Its great being able to try different canapés and to me they always look amazing.
I found this canapé here and I am glad I did, they are amazing! 🙂
This Mexican Sweet Potato Discs are perfect as they look great with the variety of colours but also taste amazing.
A nice thing about doing this as one of your canapés is that it is really simple to do and doesn’t take very much time at all
These Sweet Potato discs make perfect little canapés if planning any kind of party, they are bite sized fajita inspired treats! These canapés take very little time to prepare, cook but more importantly taste and look great!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Fajita Spice Mix
- Soured Cream
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to roughly 180C
- Peel your sweet potatoes and chop it into thin discs, roughly the thickness of a 50p
- In a bowl put 2 table spoons of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of fajita spice mix and combine together
- Toss in the sweet potatoes discs and with your hands make sure all of them are covered with the mixture
- Place on a baking tray and put into the oven until they are roasted
- Take out of the oven and allow to fully cool
- Place a spoon of guacamole, salsa and soured cream on each on. Rotate which goes on first to give them a variation in colour.
Optional: You could add a little sprinkling of grated cheese on top
Let me know what you think of these in the comments below 🙂