I love vegetables, they go amazing with a wide variety of meats. The problem I sometimes find is simply roasting them can be a little dull, this honey roast vegetables recipe is perfect for adding a little something extra to them!
First thing you need to do is get yourself the vegetables that you want to roast, I would recommend the following;
- Sweet Potatoes
There are many others that could be added but I find these work great together!
Honey Roast Vegetable Ingredient List
It depends on how many you are cooking for, I always tend to make too much.
- Vegetables x2 of each type
- Olive Oil – Nice Amount
- Runny Honey – 4 table spoons
How Do You Make It?
- Get a large mixing bowl and put in the Olive Oil and 4 spoons of runny honey. Mix this together with a wooden spoon to make sure it’s all mixed up well.
- Remove the skin from the carrots and parsnips, cut them so that they are roughly 2 inches long. You then want to half these and then half them again, this will make them the perfect size.
- Skin the sweet potatoes and cut them into roughly 1 inch thick circles and then half them, they don’t want to be too thick as they can take longer to cook than the other vegetables
- Skin the potatoes, cut these into quarters so they are roughly the size of roast potatoes.
- With the courgettes you can simply cut these into roughly ½ inch discs
- Get all of your prepared vegetables and put them into the mixing bowl, add some salt and pepper to season.
- Get your wooden spoon and then stir all of the vegetable to try and get an even spread of the mixture. I tend to then cover the bowl with cling film and shake everything around for a couple of minutes, this helps to ensure that the honey has been fully spread around.
- Stick all of the veg into a roasting dish and stick it into the oven. I normally set it to around 200 degrees and keep cooking it until it’s a golden brown colour.